• South America

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darkest Europe

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Other (Leave Comment)

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Caliphate of Damascus had become a major concern for the Congress, as Caliph Abdulaziz had recently conquered Qajar Persia.
Cannot wait for the Caliphate to have an "Iranian Ulcer" because it turns out having a bunch of Salafists rule a lot of Shi'ites isn't going to end well. At all.

Cannot wait for the Caliphate to have an "Iranian Ulcer" because it turns out having a bunch of Salafists rule a lot of Shi'ites isn't going to end well. At all.
While in this timeline, I want to keep Iran as a part of the Caliphate, it is not as united as a map would show. Iran will not be a peaceful province within the Caliphate and rebellions will be common. Many of the tribal khans will also not be subject to Damascus. The Raj and Holy Russia will take advantage of this. Especially since many Shi'ites will find havens in the Raj itself. Victoria II's reign is going to be dealing a lot in East Africa and combating the influence of the Caliph in South Arabia, the Somali Coast and the Arabian Sea. Though she will find some assistance from a growing Christian kingdom in the East African highlands ;)

Last edited:
While in this timeline, I want to keep Iran as a part of the Caliphate, it is not as united as a map would show. Iran will not be a peaceful province within the Caliphate and rebellions will be common. Many of the tribal khans will also not be subject to Damascus. The Raj and Holy Russia will take advantage of this. Especially since many Shi'ites will find havens in the Raj itself. Victoria II's reign is going to be dealing a lot in East Africa and combating the influence of the Caliph in South Arabia, the Somali Coast and the Arabian Sea. Though she will find some assistance from a growing Christian kingdom in the East African highlands ;)
And on that note, the Caliphate having so much oil (from controlling Iran, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia) will be making it an international headache for the rest of the world when we transition to the age of the internal combustion engine.

And on that note, the Caliphate having so much oil (from controlling Iran, Iraq, and Saudi Arabia) will be making it an international headache for the rest of the world when we transition to the age of the internal combustion engine.
Oh absolutely. And seeing that the other larger producers of oil, the United States, Russia and China either haven't discovered their oil yet, or they still covered by miles of wilderness. The US has its oil minus Alaska, plus the oil fields of Canada, which should put it on par with the Caliphate, but with the largest populations of Americans in the southern half of the country, Canada and the Great Plains are still mostly wilderness. Russia still has the oil fields in the Caucus, like the Baku oil fields. This will also make for an interesting political and economical situation. Both the Tsar and the Caliph are rivals of the Raj, but the oil fields of Baku are also of extreme importance to both of them. The Raj will get most of its own oil from the Batavian Republic and the Trucial States so its protectorate over those states are of paramount importance. China and Japan both have an interest in the oil wealth of Manchuria and the former Russian Far East. Japan also has its own domestic oil production in Sakhalin and Alaska. But the Caliphate will have the lion's share of the oil and will use it to fuel an Islamic Industrial Revolution.

And seeing that the other larger producers of oil, the United States, Russia and China either haven't discovered their oil yet, or they still covered by miles of wilderness. The US has its oil minus Alaska, plus the oil fields of Canada, which should put it on par with the Caliphate, but with the largest populations of Americans in the southern half of the country, Canada and the Great Plains are still mostly wilderness.
And on that note, one could make an argument that Venezuelan oil could be added to American oil as well, especially as Veneuzela arguably has more oil than Saudi Arabia.

And on that note, one could make an argument that Venezuelan oil could be added to American oil as well, especially as Veneuzela arguably has more oil than Saudi Arabia.
There are some plans I have for Venezuela and its oil but it won't happen for a bit. I have already hinted in one of my posts about various famous American officers that I can't wait to get to.

Last edited: