Geronimo : What if Osama Bin Laden was killed prior to 9/11?

OTL People magazine, September 24 2001

Honestly was the most shocking magazine cover of 9/11

What would TTL People magazine, September 24 2001 cover looks like?

What kind the entertainment activities or celebrities would on it?

Probably something mundane like with Sandra Bullock being interviewed about her dog rescue organization.

I just read this timeline @Iwanh and I am totally impressed.

I do have a question, is F-22 built in greater numbers and did the US Army upgraded their equipments or not? Like the XM8 and this program?

Thank you, the US Military would be heavily shaped by the absence of the War on Terror, the most important change being the budget would be shrunk by Bush and Rumsfeld, who greatly favoured air power over boots on the ground ie Shock and Awe. So to be honest I doubt the army upgrades would get through, and he would probably cut them as Clinton-era bloat, however I wouldn't put it past him to use his war-free Pentagon as a testing ground for new ideas like unmanned drones or even unmanned ground vehicles.
Rumsfelds Robot Army.

Just took a look at that people magazine cover and GOOD GOD! THAT ISSUE LOOKED DISTURBING AF!

the way they showed full images of the twin towers as they were hit and collapsed is f**kin graphic

now i do wish to see the geronimo AU version of this magazine
hopefully they will talk about stuff like the upcoming release of the gamecube and xbox among other cool things like that
thats the only way to top a cover that detailed

Duke Nukem Forever
(Made this for fun and what not)

DNF2001.png

Duke Nukem Forever is a 2002 first-person shooter game developed by 3D Realms and published by Gathering of Developers for Windows, Xbox, PlayStation 2, and Mac OS. It is the fourth main installment in the Duke Nukem series and the sequel to Duke Nukem 3D (1996). Players control Duke Nukem to stop the alien invaders once more as they begin mutating the human race into monsters. Like its predecessor, Duke Nukem Forever features pop culture references, toilet humor, and adult content.

Duke Nukem Forever began development shortly before the release of Duke Nukem 3D. Initially beginning its life as a 2D side-scroller similar to the first two Duke Nukem games, although this version was scrapped following the success of 3D and was reworked into a proper sequel. The reworked version later began its development on the id Tech 2 Engine and was later shown off at E3 1998. Following this however, it was announced that game would be switched over to the Unreal Engine due to its improved rendering capabilities.

Duke Nukem Forever was released on November 15, 2002, where it was a critical and commercial success; with more than 3.8 million copies of the game sold, out selling its predecessor and making it the most successful game by 3D Realms at the time. Critics praised the improved interactivity and variety of the environments, character models, gameplay, and level design. However, much like its predecessor, it also generated controversy due to its violence and adult content, especially with inclusion of partial nudity that garnered much attention.

(For those unaware, nearly two years ago, the 2001 build of DNF got leaked online, there's a group of people trying to complete the build called Duke Nukem Forever: Restoration Project which you can check out.)

Last edited:
@Iwanh
You might interested in this
This is a Taiwan article
Which is discussed the role of Taiwan in war on terror, and how 9/11 and war on terror effects the relation between US, China, Taiwan
And how US dealing with Chen Shui Bian government

But it's all Chinese
You need to use translate to read it

Thank you, the US Military would be heavily shaped by the absence of the War on Terror, the most important change being the budget would be shrunk by Bush and Rumsfeld, who greatly favoured air power over boots on the ground ie Shock and Awe. So to be honest I doubt the army upgrades would get through, and he would probably cut them as Clinton-era bloat, however I wouldn't put it past him to use his war-free Pentagon as a testing ground for new ideas like unmanned drones or even unmanned ground vehicles.
...I'm just a complete military noob, but isn't this too close to what Truman did basically before the Korean War ?

...I'm just a complete military noob, but isn't this too close to what Truman did basically before the Korean War ?
Well without the tactical nuclear warfare aspect of it and potentially being realistically implemented if the other services get most of the Army's money and it gets streamlined to better serve its role, so the Air Force/Marines/Navy get more money to fund more impactful programs (and probably oddities like the Zumwalt but it is America and its as whack sometimes in that regard as any country) :p