What if: the Marburg files are revealed in 1945-46?

The Marburg files were a series of top-secret documents discovered in Germany during May 1945 near the Harz Mountains and compiled at Marburg Castle, Hesse. These documents detailed plans for the Nazi's in using the Duke of Windsor and former King Edward as a pawn to form peace, reinstate him to the throne, and allow the Nazi's free reign over Europe. In addition to these, the documents revealed his apparent communications the Duke had before he left for his new position as Governor of the Bahamas.

In the actual history, a group of American, French, and British historians worked only on releasing a few of these documents at a time, before releasing the rest in 1957. With the actual history in mind, what might be the consequences if they are released early? In 45 they are discovered and taken before being leaked to the British press revealing the plot and connections Edward apparently had with the Nazi's. How much damage to the British Royal family might this cause?

I suspect that Edward VIII would be stripped of his royal title of "His Royal Highness, the Duke of Windsor"
His brother, King George VI liked him, but I suspect the reveal of those files would be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Was he party to any of this or were the Germans just kidding themselves? He was certainly defeatist but had he given them any firm promises?

Did Edward know these plans? If so he would be screwed pretty badly and probably stripped all of his titles.

I suspect that Edward VIII would be stripped of his royal title of "His Royal Highness, the Duke of Windsor"
Part of the reason he stayed HRH was also because of the fear that "David Windsor" would be free to stand for Parliament if he wished. If he's proven as a traitor this isn't a threat.

Part of the reason he stayed HRH was also because of the fear that "David Windsor" would be free to stand for Parliament if he wished. If he's proven as a traitor this isn't a threat.

But could he be proved to have actually *done* anything?

The Duke was a fool but he was not an idiot. He knew he could not make any written promises to the Nazis and the Nazis knew that without any written proof he could not be held to his promises.